IMPORTANCE OF TRAINING
DO YOU SEE SOMEONE SKILLED IN THEIR WORK? THEY WILL STAND BEFORE KINGS; HE WILL NOT STAND BEFORE OBSCURE MEN.
Skills in doing something of worth is of great importance. Something that matters most, if we train ourselves well will be of great benefit to ourselves, others and get the notice of rulers of kings. A skill musician will perform infront of great people. Our skill, if of high quality will bring good to us. A skillful footballer will get the praise and recognition and in the football world, paid high salaries.
Can we train ourselves to be be skillful person? In what area must we be skillful?
Look at our hands, fingers…how did we make it able to hold a pen and write something? How can we drive a car in the first place? After a constant activity such as drawing, a person can train his hands in drawing beautiful pictures. So we really need to help ourselves by making sure that our hands or fingers are train to make them more useful to us.
THINGS TO PONDER:
1. We can be skillful if we are willing to train ourselves.
2. The lack of skills will make us inadequate in many things
3. High level of skills has its reward
4. There is no shortcut to be skillful.
TRAINING AND EXERCISES
1. In war, if we are not skillful in the art of war, we will be finished.
2. To be a good footballer, one must learn to kick the ball many times
3. In school, if we do not do our homework, we will lack the necessary exercises to master the subject. We might fail the examination.
4. To acquire a good value, we need to train and adopt and practice over period of times
EXERCISES OF GOD’S GIFT- SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
The gifts that God gives to us need to be exercised and practised. For instance, LOVE. What are the component of LOVE?
If we want to practice love, then we have to learn to be patience, we have to learn to be kind etc. Over time, these practices becomes embedded in our life and become part of us. We become skillful.
Laziness is not spoken of well in the Scriptures, especially in Proverbs. Laziness makes us unfruitful not only to ourselves but to others. We have the necessary skills but if we never utilize them, these skills will not be of any benefit to us. We become more responsible if we work hard.