QUOTATIONS FOR SERMON
1. Ability is the poor man’s wealth. (Wren)
2. Without me, ye can do nothing.(John 15:5)
3. Don’t you take a wine? said a hospitable host to a friend. “Are you afraid of it?”
“No,” replied his wiser friend, “I am afraid of the example.”
4. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.(Burke)
5. A dead fish can float down stream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream.
6. Sanctified afflictions is spiritual promotions.(Dodd)
7. The proud man has no God; the envious man had no neighbour; the angry man has not himself.(Bishop Hall)
8. Beauty unaccompanied by virtue is a flower without perfume.(T Adams)
9. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (Jas 1:8)
10. There are three answers to prayer- Yes! No! Wait!(Anonymous)
11. When it seems hardest, pray hardest.
12. Prayerless pews make powerless pulpits.
13. Let prayer be the key of the day and the bolt of the night.
14.Happiness is not perfected until it is shared.(Jane Poerter)
15. Contentment is natural wealth; luxury, artificial poverty. (Socrates)
16. I complained because i had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.(Arabian proverb)
17. Knowledge is the hill which few may hope to climb; Duty is the path that all may tread.(Lewis Morris)
18. One example is worth a thousand words.(W.E GLADSTONE)
19. Error is the discipline through which we advance.(Channing)
20. Our opportunities to do good are our talents.(Cotton Mather)
21. The wise will make more opportunities than he finds.(Francis Bacon)
22. An obstinate man does not hold opinions; the opinions hold him.( Anonymous)
23. Wicked men obey for fear, but the good for love.(Aristotle)
24. To love one’s country is not necessary to hate others.
25. One evidence of the value of the Bible is the character of those who oppose it!
26. The greatest danger confronting the children today is the example being set by the adults.
27. Character is what you are in the dark.(Moody)
28 Reputation is what men think we are. Character is what God sees we are.
29. Where the drink goes in, there the wit goes out. ( Herbert)
30. First the man takes a drink, the the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man (Japenese Proverbs)
31. None preaches better than the ant and she says nothing.(Franklin)
32. The gift of God is eternal life. ( Rom. 6:23)
33. Lying covers a multitude of sins- temporarily.( Anonymous)
34. Though the Lord be high, yet hath He respect unto the lowly. ( Psalms 138:6)
35. True peace is not the absence of war but the presence of God.(WEEKBALD)
36. The covetousness man heaps up riches, not to enjoy them but to have them. ( Tillotson)
37. Let us be silent that we may hear the wishper of God.( Emerson)
38. If i grappled with my sin in my strength, the devil knows he may go to sleep.( Adam)
39. Man without a conscience is a machine without a regulator; sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow, and seldom right ( Anonymous)
40. I have often regreted my speech- never my silence ( Publius syrus)
41. He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and who dares not, is a slave. ( Drummond)
42. GOD pity the nation whose factory chimneys rise higher than her church spires
43. The grave has a door on its inner side. ( Maclaren)
44. Hell is paved with good intentions. (Samuel Johnson)
45. But godliness with contentment is great gain. ( 1 Tim 6:6)
46. Little faith will bring your soul to heaven ; great faith will bring heaven to your soul. (Spurgeon)
47. Fame is the perfume of heroic deeds (Socrates)
48. Fault-finding is one talent that ought to be buried and the place forgotten (Anynomus)
49. Divorce is the sacrament of adultery.( Guichard)
50. The devil has power to assume a pleasing shape.( Shakespeare)
51. Eternity forbids thee to forget. (Byron Lara)
52. As a moth gnaws a garment, so does envy consume a man.( Chrysostom)
53. Profanity is the tribute which the devil’s servants pay to their master as token of allegiance.( Anonymous)
54. Responsibility walks hand in hand with capacity and power. (John G. Holland)
55. He that cleanses a blot with blurred fingers makes a greater blot. ( Quarles)
56. I have often regreted my speech,never my silence.(Plubius )
57. Christ is our Redeemer indeed- both the Purchaser and the Price( Hnery)